Have yourself an eco-friendly Christmas! Follow our simple top tips on everything from buying presents to decorating sustainably during the festive period 🎄🎅
🌟 Gift Sustainably
A simple way to make an eco-difference for Christmas is by shopping for eco-friendly Christmas gifts. Gifting consciously needn’t be complex and, to take the stress out of shopping sustainably during the festive season, we’ve created a range of eco-friendly Christmas gifts for all ages. 🎁
🌟 Eco Gift Wrapping Options
Now that you've got your sustainable gifts ordered, it's time to think about environmentally friendly gift wrap. Here are some of our top tips... 💡
- Reuse gift bags, boxes, tissue paper and ribbon kept from last Christmas. Didn't save any? Make a point to do it this year! 🎁
- Why not try eco-friendly furoshiki as a brilliant reusable alternative to wrapping paper? Simple to use and can be re-used again and again.
- Buy a reusable gift bag – we love the festively rustic vibe of these hessian gift bags, handmade in Devon 💚
- If you're buying wrapping paper, be conscious of choosing something free of foil or glitter as these varieties cannot be recycled, and do make sure to remove any tape before recycling any recyclable paper!
- Check out our plantable gift tags as an eco-friendly alternative to the traditional gift-tag! 🌱
🌟 Eco-Friendly Christmas Cards
The festive period is the perfect time to connect with the ones you love the most, and greeting cards are a fantastic way to do this. 💚✉
To be more eco-friendly, opt for festive cards made from sustainably sourced or recycled paper and avoid choosing glittery Christmas cards. Glitter is notoriously hard to recycle!
These beautiful Christmas Cards, from Jessalittlecreative are packaged plastic-free and printed on FSC, recycled card plus they are fully recyclable so offer a sustainable alternative. Even the envelope is made from fully recycled materials! ♻
Alternatively, how about a card and a gift all in one? Designed and made in the UK, these plantable Christmas cards are made with biodegradable seed paper containing bee-friendly wildflower seeds! 🌱
🌟 Eco Christmas Decoration Tips
We love swapping glitter and tinsel for natural, festive foliage to create an inviting home that is both seasonal and sustainable. 🥳
If you have holly or ivy growing in your garden you can use these to give your home an eco-friendly rustic Christmas aesthetic (please remember to wear gloves as ivy is known to cause skin irritation). Please also remember to only pick what you need as birds and wildlife rely on berries during the winter months! 🎄